This page provides audio and Powerpoint slides of presentations at the Transportation 2035 Symposium held Thursday, June 26, 2008 in Newark
The Symposium was held to as part of the effort to update the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority’s 25-year Regional Transportation Plan.
Below are audio files (mp3's) and Powerpoint slides of presentations by the panel of experts, as well as opening and closing remarks and the discussion during the question and answer period.
Welcome by Mary K. Murphy, NJTPA Executive Director: Audio File (mp3, 7mb)
• James W. Hughes, Dean, Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy: Audio File (mp3, 25mb)
• Joseph Giglio, Senior Academic Specialist and Executive Professor of General Management, Northeastern University: Audio File (mp3, 21mb); Powerpoint presentation (1mb)
• Daniel Lerch, Program Manager, Post Carbon Institute, Post Carbon Cities Program: Audio File (mp3, 35mb; Powerpoint presentation (8mb)
• Anne Canby, President, Surface Transportation Policy Partnership: Audio File (mp3, 37mb); Powerpoint presentation (2mb)
• Eileen Swan, Executive Director, New Jersey Highlands Council: Audio File (mp3, 17mb); Powerpoint presentation (40mb)
• Robert Ceberio, Executive Director, NJ Meadowlands Commission: Audio File (mp3, 23mb)
Summary of Presentations - Dean Hughes: Audio File (mp3, 5mb)
Question and Answer Discussions (Introduced by NJTPA Chairman Susan M. Zellman and Facilitated by Kathy Stein): Audio File (mp3, 36mb)
Closing Remarks by Susan M. Zellman, NJTPA Chairman: Audio File (mp3, 2mb)