"Food Security and Food Recovery in New Jersey," a Together North Jersey (TNJ) Institute gathering, will provide an overview of recent legislative changes to improve food security, present a GIS mapping tool for identifying food systems resources, and learning from on-the-ground case studies of local initiatives and subject matter experts across the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA) region.
Welcome and Introductions
Blythe Eaman, Director, Environmental & Sustainability Planning, NJTPA
Food Insecurity in New Jersey: Legislative Update and Context
A brief introduction to significant initiatives and legislation impacting food security in the state, including the launch of the New Jersey State Office of Food Security Advocate and the 80 x 50 Report on state-level climate change planning.
Panel: Food Insecurity Initiatives
A panel of experts working across geographic scales to address food security in New Jersey, from the state, county, and local levels.
- Gary Sondermeyer, Vice President of Operations, Bayshore Recycling (moderator)
- Carlos Rodriguez, Community Food Bank of New Jersey
- Tracy Zur, Bergen County Commissioner/Bergen County Food Recovery Task Force
- Catherine Hirschman Choudhry, Westfield Green Team
- Brendan Pearsall, RU Ready to Farm, Rutgers’ Beginner Farmer Training Program
12/8/2022 10:00:00 AM
10 a.m.-12 p.m.
The event will be held via Zoom. Register here.