West Side Avenue Safety Improvements
Public Information Center
Wednesday, February 2, 2022 6:30-8:00 pm
The City of Jersey City is receiving grant funds for the West Side Avenue Safety Improvements
project through the Local Safety Program, which is a federally-funded program established by the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA), in conjunction with the New Jersey Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration. The Highway Safety Improvements Program funds being utilized under this grant are intended to advance safety improvements on county and local roads. This project is currently in the preliminary engineering phase and the purpose of this meeting is to present the project to the public, answer questions and receive comments on the proposed improvement.
The project limits are Grant Avenue to Duncan Avenue and includes 24 intersections.
Proposed Improvement Include:
- Traffic signal upgrades, including vehicle detection cameras and signal backplates
- Curb extensions and bus bulb-outs
- ADA-compliant curb ramps and detectable warning surfaces
- High visibility striping and sign upgrades
- Replacement of deteriorated sidewalks and curbs
- Pedestrian rectangular rapid flashing beacons
- Drainage and green infrastructure improvements
- Milling and resurfacing
The Public Information Center will be held virtually and will include a presentation followed by a question and answer session.
2/2/2022 6:30:00 PM
The meeting was held on line via Go to Meeting.
Link to more information and follow-up to this meeting
Meeting Flyer (English)
Folleto de Reuniones (Spanish)
نشرة الاجتماع (Arabic)
West Side Avenue PIC Presentation